Justin Valley explores changing user settings in SAP. This video also details how to turn on tool tips and how to display technical names in the SAP Easy Access screen.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about…changing your user settings.…The SAP GUI has different settings that can be changed.…The setting changes are tied to your login ID,…and they'll stay in place every time…you login to the system.…To get to the bulk of the settings,…we'll go to More, SAP GUI settings and actions, Options.…At the top of the screen, we can…change the theme of our SAP GUI.…Just be aware that by changing these themes,…the menu bars and the buttons sometimes change…from words to icons and vice versa.…
One of the other things we would like to change…is under Interactive Design.…Expand that folder and go to Notifications.…For new users, I'd recommend ensuring…the tooltip is turned on.…This means that whenever I hover…over a button or icon in the system,…a hint will pop up and describe…what the icon or button does.…So I click on No Tooltop and I'll set it to Medium.…So when I hover over a button or icon…for 0.5 seconds, a hint will pop up for me.…
To apply these changes, you click on Apply and then OK.…The final helpful setting to turn on…
- Benefits and limitations of SAP ERP
- Exploring the different SAP modules
- SAP security roles
- Menu tree and transaction code navigation
- Searching for data and using wildcards
- SAP basic reporting
- Editing SAP report layouts
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
Business Collaboration in the Modern Workplacewith Phil Gold1h 33m Intermediate
Understanding SAP ERP1m 5s
1. Overview of SAP
2. Exploring SAP Modules
3. SAP End-User Base Navigation
4. SAP Basic Reporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.