As the manager, you set the tone for the team. Find out how to start things off on a positive note in this video.
- As a manager, you're also the leader of your team, … so I would use video to communicate weekly with your team. … I would celebrate anyone's birthday, … any successes, and set the agenda for next week. … You should send out this quick video on Fridays, … midday around noon, … so that you really set people's weekend off the right way. … If you communicate and you are visual with people, … they will respond and they will be more empathetic to you. … So as a manager, … you want to take the lead. … Show people that you're using video, … and that will make them know that they should too, … and that means everyone … is going to stay a lot more connected, … and your team is going to be effective, … even though they're now remote. … …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.