Face time is important for building relationships with your colleagues. Learn about the use of video chat tools in this segment.
- If you're new to working from home, … you might not be that comfortable … with video conferences and video calls. … But I have to tell you, once you start using video, … you're going to feel a lot more connected … to your customers and your colleagues. … It's also a great way to fight off … the isolation of working from home, … so you want to be very intentional … about connecting with your colleagues face-to-face. … You'll be amazed how much more connected you'll feel … and how much more empathy … you might be able to receive from a coworker. … Sometimes people will be able to look at you on video chat … and tell you're not having a good day, … and they might not ask you to do something … that they were getting ready to ask you. … So don't hide behind a headshot. … Put your face out there and connect with your colleagues, … and especially your boss. … You never know how creating that meaningful relationship … will take you so much further, faster in your career. … …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.