Use a variable to store data for use in later actions. In this example, we create a variable called DueDate and calculate the DueDate for a task as Today + 3 Days.
- [Instructor] The add time to date function allows you…to add months, days, hours, minutes,…any part of time that you want to define,…and store a calculated date value,…in what's called a variable.…The value that's stored in the variable…can then be used later in the workflow to assign a due date.…Right now, the default value for the due date…is literally right now.…As soon as the item is created, it's already overdue.…
Now, there may be some managers out there who…don't want me to change that, but I'm going to show you…how to do it anyway, we're going to give…our folks three days from the time…that this vacation request is created,…before we tell them that it's overdue.…So, just get the add time to date…and we are going to put that right…above that update list item,…and double click on it and let's…configure that for three days.…
Use date when action is executed.…And now, this is where the variable is going to be stored.…So we need to say that we want to add a new variable,…create a new variable, and we're going to call it due date.…
- Automating a workflow for manager approval
- Adding conditional branches to workflows
- Using variables and calculated dates
- Bringing external data into a workflow
- Reusing and moving workflows
- Creating and customizing a form
- Assigning field validation rules
- Using Nintex Forms
- Optimizing for mobile viewing
- Troubleshooting a suspended workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
1. Create an Approval Workflow
2. Add More Workflow Actions
3. Use Nintex Forms Designer
4. Monitor Your Workflows
Log to history list5m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.