Skype for Business is a tool for sending text-based instant messages and conducting video and audio meetings with teammates in an organization. This video gives you a brief introduction to sending messages and initiating a video call in Skype for Business.
- [Instructor] In this course we're talking…about a lot of tools for sending messages…and sharing files, but sometimes you just need…to have a face to face conversation with somebody.…That's where Skype for Business comes in.…First a few notes to clarify.…We are not talking about Skype…which is a free consumer level product…that is not part of Office 365.…We are talking about a different product called…Skype for Business.…This is a tool with enterprise level security built in…designed to facilitate instant messages…and audio or video calls with your coworkers…over the internet.…
Second, you will not find a tile to launch…Skype for Business here on the Office 365 website.…For the most part, Skype for Business is…only going to work on the desktop application…or the mobile app for mobile phones.…The one exception is that you can send…text only instant messages using…Skype for Business from within the Outlook interface…on the web.…So here on the Office 365 website,…I can go to the Mail tile.…Here in Outlook Mail on the web,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business