Learn how to build your soft sales skills to better connect with—and ultimately sell to—your customers.
- Wanna know how successful a salesperson is? Just look at their numbers. But if you wanna know why they're successful, you have to look deeper. Sale success is a combination of two things: hard sale skills, like product knowledge, and soft sale skills, which are hard-to-define relational skills that give you the last true competitive advantage in sales today. If you're like most sales professionals, you have those hard skills down. You know what your products and services have to offer and from a standpoint of process, you know how to sell.
So how can you up your game? That's where the soft skills come in. Hi, I'm Meridith Elliott Powell, sales strategist and certified sales coach. In this LinkedIn Learning course, we're gonna cover soft sale skills in-depth. We'll look at how soft skills differ from hard skills, we'll talk about the very real value of relationship building in sales, and I'll show you how to use a soft touch at every step of your sales process.
We'll also look at ways you can develop your emotional intelligence. And, of course, I'll show you the impact the soft skills can have on your bottom line. You'll notice, throughout this course, we've included scenarios to help illustrate soft skills in action. You'll see, firsthand, some of the challenges of integrating soft skills and the steps you can take to do it seamlessly. My hope is you can use the skills you learn in this course to better serve your customers and take your sales career to the next level.
Sound good? Great. Let's dive in to Soft Skills for Sales Professionals.
- What are soft skills?
- Why soft skills matter in sales
- Connecting with your customer
- Developing your emotional intelligence for sales
- Collaborating effectively with your team
- Being confident in your sales decisions
- Building your empathy muscle in sales
- Integrating soft sales skills with hard sales skills
- Leveraging storytelling in sales