Join Lynda.com Staff for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating your member profile information, part of How to use Lynda.com.
- View Offline
- In this chapter, we'll look at the various options and settings that are available to you for managing your lynda.com account. Once you've successfully activated your account and logged in, pretty much everything you need, in regards to your account information, can be found under your profile menu at the top of the screen in the navigation bar where your name appears. Select Profile from this menu. On this page, you can update your log in information as well as your contact information. To do so, just click Edit next to any selection you want to change.
For example, if you wanted to change your password, you would click Edit right next to password, then, you would type in your current password in the top field, and then type your preferred password into the new password field, and then you would retype the new password into the confirmed field, and then click Save, and as long as your password conforms to the character requirements, and you typed it the same both times, you'll see a banner appear at the top of the page, letting you know you updated your information successfully. I'll just cancel that for now.
This log in information area is also where you can change your username as well, although you probably won't want or need to do that as often as you might want to change your password. Similarly, if you want to change your contact information, click Edit and change the appropriate fields you want to update. Again, click Save when you're done. So, that's how to change your username, password, or contact information for your account.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support