Learn how to monitor and curate a task board to ensure it is used effectively.
- The task board is a team report. … It's designed to help the developers coordinate. … If you're the scrum master of the team, … then you need to help ensure that … only the developers update the board. … This starts with the sprint planning meeting. … During sprint planning the team will agree … on the stories for the sprint. … They'll put their stories in the far left Stories column. … These stories should be in order, … prioritized from top to bottom. … The team also creates tasks on yellow sticky notes. … Each note should represent one day of work. … After the developers create the tasks, … the team will have a better idea … of how long it takes to complete the story. … Once the tasks are set the developers should be … the only ones updating the board. … If project managers start moving tasks, … it'll be very difficult for the developers … to keep track of their work. … At the beginning of a new sprint, … all of the tasks should be gathered under the To Do column. … The morning of a new sprint, …
- Explain the purpose of a taskboard and how it can help keep a project on track.
- List the correct order of the swim lanes on a taskboard.
- Name the two types of burndown charts.
- Recognize the problems that occur when a team does not break down epics into stories.