A leader must utilize team modes to organize operations. In this video, learn how to contrast three types of teamwork to help maximize relevant training.
- When you are on the quest to build a high-performing team, … it's important to first understand … what mode your team might be operating in. … You see, teams operate in a few different modes, … each which is best aligned to certain types of projects. … The three types of teamwork are coordination, cooperation, … and collaboration. … And these are very different, but interrelated, … existing on the continuum from simple to complex. … In my research I've found that instead of … these being three distinct types of teamwork, … collaboration is really an umbrella … that contains cooperation and coordination within it. … Most teams coordinate, … but far fewer are actually doing collaboration. … Some groups and teams may only operate in one or two zones … on a daily basis. … But more and more, … teams are being asked to move across the levels seamlessly. … This means that teams often must switch back and forth … between goals, intentions, and skill sets, … which can be difficult when our work blends together …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- How teams are structured today
- Teamwork types
- Promoting psychological safety
- Inclusion matters
- Creating success with local, virtual, and global teams
- Strategies for team leaders