In this video, Phil Gold goes into detail regarding the remote team's manager's role as the central hub of the team wheel. Learn how the manager holds a key position in keeping team connections strong.
- If you've seen any of my other courses, … you know that I have some opinions about the role … of the manager on a team. … Now to me, the main purpose of the manager … is the care and feeling of the team members, … making sure that they have everything … they need to successfully complete their jobs. … The manager may roll up their sleeves at time to pitch in, … but that's not their primary purpose. … Rather, they have the responsibility … for monitoring overall team performance, … schedule and workload and making sure everything … comes together as planned. … In addition to these tasks, … the manager of a remote … team has some special responsibilities. … Primarily, I think the remote manager … needs to act as the hub that connects … the geographically disconnected team. … They're the ones who are going to be the primary contact … back at the command center … and will like be the pass through point … for information flowing to the remote … workers from corporate. … This isn't to say I don't think there shouldn't be direct …
- Providing consistency and structure in a remote team
- Managing mixed remote and onsite teams
- Fostering equality and transparency
- Creating opportunities for in-person interactions
- Maintaining regular contact with remote team members
- Managing workloads and deliverables