Author Justin Valley explores SAP security roles and how they ensure a segregation of duties within the system.
- [Instructor] SAP had customizable security roles.…Let's take a look at how they work.…Not every SAP end user will have…the same access in the system.…When a user profile is first created…they are mapped to a security role.…The role that the user is mapped to…will either allow or deny access to different transactions.…It will also allow or deny access…to different organizational levels in the system.…Organizational levels are things like company code,…plant, or sales organization.…
Security roles in SAP ensure…that there's a segregation of duties across a business.…They make sure that the right people…are doing the right transactions…in the right areas of the system.…Let's look at an example.…Let's imagine there's a shop floor manager…and she's mapped to a role called manufacturing manager.…This manufacturing manager role…allows her to approve time off for her direct reports.…It also allows her to create purchase orders…in the system for her plant in California.…
Because her security role is mapped this way…she is denied access when she tries to approve time off…
- Benefits and limitations of SAP ERP
- Exploring the different SAP modules
- SAP security roles
- Menu tree and transaction code navigation
- Searching for data and using wildcards
- SAP basic reporting
- Editing SAP report layouts
- Printing and exporting reports
Skill Level Beginner
SharePoint: Site Customizationwith Bill Kulterman55m 54s Intermediate
SharePoint Workflow Automation: Nintexwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 15m Intermediate
Business Collaboration in the Modern Workplacewith Phil Gold1h 33m Intermediate
Understanding SAP ERP1m 5s
1. Overview of SAP
2. Exploring SAP Modules
3. SAP End-User Base Navigation
4. SAP Basic Reporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.