By understanding the way humans think, you'll improve your thinking and judgment. In this video, learn how to identify steps you can take to adjust your mindset.
- I've been thinking critically about the coronavirus … and the ensuing pandemic and there's a couple things … that I'd like to share with you that I think … might help our thinking about this crisis … we're going through. … Okay, first of all, we're very anecdotal thinking … as a species. … We notice stories and anecdotes in individual cases … that stand out much more than data. … We're not very well designed to track large data sets … and so forth, which are fairly new in our world. … So, the first point is ignore anecdotes. … Doesn't matter that Tom Hanks got the disease … or all that's irrelevant. … The only thing that matters is the data trendlines … and we know that looking at what happened in China … where the curve flattened … once they instituted certain measures … and what happened in Italy when the curve did not flatten … 'cause they didn't institute certain measures, … these are experiments of a sort that we can learn from … and so, what I really want us all to do … is pay attention to the data and the numbers …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.