Select LazyApproval to allow managers to approve or reject a task item by replying to an email.
- Clicking a link in an email notification…of an approval request is convenient,…but for standard approvals, LazyApprovals…is a more expedient solution.…Instead of clicking through the link…that takes you back out to the site,…which would require you to be logged into the system,…an approver can simply just reply to the email message…with a one word response of approve or rejected.…Let me show you how to do that.…To enable LazyApproval,…let's go in and edit the Assign a Task option.…
And scroll down…until you see Allow LazyApproval.…Click that.…Hit Save.…(keyboard typing)…And then Publish the work flow.…Click Ok.…And now, when we restart that work flow,…you can see the additional language…inside of the email message that says…that you can reply with one of the following phrases…on a line by itself at the top of your email.…
So you can hit reply and type Approved.…Hit Send.…And now when I go back to the calendar…and I look at Kim's vacation item,…you'll see that the request status…has been upgraded to approved.…So one thing to keep in mind about LazyApproval…
- Automating a workflow for manager approval
- Adding conditional branches to workflows
- Using variables and calculated dates
- Bringing external data into a workflow
- Reusing and moving workflows
- Creating and customizing a form
- Assigning field validation rules
- Using Nintex Forms
- Optimizing for mobile viewing
- Troubleshooting a suspended workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
Lightning Tools: Conductor Web Partwith Tiffany Songvilay52m 12s Advanced
1. Create an Approval Workflow
2. Add More Workflow Actions
3. Use Nintex Forms Designer
4. Monitor Your Workflows
Log to history list5m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.