Create a happier, healthier workplace by teaching civility and learning how to set a good example with your own behavior.
- Close your eyes for a second and picture your work environment full of civility. What would that look like? How would people be acting? What would they be saying? Now open your eyes. It seems as HR leaders and managers, we've rarely focused on what we do want. Instead, we focus on what we don't want. Corporate handbooks lay out all the no-nos, and harassment prevention training is focused on what not to do. Focusing on civility can change all that, and this course is going to help you teach and live civility in your workplace. My name is Catherine Mattice Zundel. I'm CEO of a strategic HR consulting firm called Civility Partners. I started off as an expert in eliminating workplace bullying but soon realized that helping clients solve bullying meant I had to help them replace it with something: civility. So let's create a little piece of happy in your workplace.
- Civility vs. incivility
- Microaggressions and incivility in action
- How communication works
- Positive and negative language
- Building self-awareness
- The role of the bystander
- Remaining civil in emails
- Sustaining a civil work environment
- Coaching strategies