- Determine the primary reason business leadership may misunderstand the PMO’s role.
- Describe strategies to enhance trust between the PMO and the project manager.
- Identify steps in the project process in which a PMO is involved.
- Define what is meant by a PMO working tactically.
- Develop strategies for PMOs to embrace challenges in the changing business environment.
Skill Level Intermediate
- During my career consulting with businesses about their project management offices or PMOs, I've seen hundreds of different PMO challenges. They range from a PMO that the company thought was a replacement for project managers, to one that was tasked with getting resource utilization to 100%. Over they years I've found that many of these challenges share common underlying issues. Hi, my name's Andy Jordan. I've been guiding organizations on how to improve their PMOs for many years. In this course, I'm going to share some of the common issues I've seen PMOs tackle and help you to overcome them. We'll cover challenges around relationships, influence, internal PMO operations, and even the future of PMOs. We'll explore how to recognize when problems are occurring, understand why they happen, and consider how to fix them. And we'll also look at how to prevent them from coming back. For every challenge, I'll provide you with a cheat sheet that you can reference and share with your team. Once you understand the most common challenges that a PMO handles and how to overcome them, you'll be ready to take your PMO to the next level. Join me on this journey to transform your PMO into one that's ready to overcome any obstacle.