Soft skills, while innate to some sales professionals, need to be practiced and developed just like any other skill. But too often, soft skills get overlooked because they're not as straightforward to train as hard skills. See what you can do to shape your own soft skills training regimen and build your selling muscles every single day.
- Often in sales, we train the hard skills…because they are easier to get our hands around.…It is easy to explain and train someone…on the fine points of making a great sales presentation…or how to use a customer relationship management system…to track and record your calls.…All too often, the soft skills get overlooked…because they're not as black and white…and not as straightforward to train.…While yes, some sales professionals have more…of a natural bend towards the soft skills,…the truth is no matter your level of natural talent,…the soft skills can be learned.…
More importantly, they can and should…be constantly improved.…So how do you develop and strengthen soft skills?…Know the skills.…The list of soft skills is long,…and there are several you can choose to learn.…However, the best place to start…when learning the soft skills…is to understand which of those skills…best applies to your role in sales.…Understanding which soft skills are a priority…will ensure you focus on the right…and most effective skills first.…
- What are soft skills?
- Why soft skills matter in sales
- Connecting with your customer
- Developing your emotional intelligence for sales
- Collaborating effectively with your team
- Being confident in your sales decisions
- Building your empathy muscle in sales
- Integrating soft sales skills with hard sales skills
- Leveraging storytelling in sales