There are a few more tips to help really make your presentations stand out as professional and well planned. Handouts emailed in advance and recorded sessions for those who cannot attend will let people know that you value their input.
- You're confident in your materials … and you believe you've done everything in your power … to make a great video presentation. … But there are some extra steps you can take, … I call them pro tips, … that will showcase your leadership abilities. … Having the foresight to consider … how to have your viewers better understand your material … is simply great communications. … So consider doing things like assigning someone … who will be dialing into the meeting, … like an assistant, to take notes while you're talking. … It's treating it like a board meeting, perhaps, … where minutes are being written down … as a record or documentation. … Not only is this a great way to keep track … of the high-level talking points, … but the notes can ensure everyone is aligned … after the call. … A hard copy of the material is also very valuable … so people can reference the presentation on paper … if they ever need it. … In addition, right before you start your presentation, … just make sure to announce …
- Recall the characteristics of an effective PowerPoint used during a video conference call.
- Explain why you might look at the screen, rather than the camera lens, during a video conference call.
- Recognize the best strategy for positioning a laptop and its camera for the most flattering and engaging look.
- Tell why a salesperson might use a pull-down backdrop screen during video conferencing.
- Summarize the leadership skill used to make sure all attendees are on the same page after a video conference.