In this video, parents can learn about more effectively managing their wide range of tasks and ways to avoid feeling overwhelmed.
- If you're a parent like I am, … you may find yourself trying to get things done … while your children regularly interrupt you. … A few small changes can help you be more productive … and help your children learn the essential life skills … of focus and time management. … First, start with simple boundaries. … Even my youngest children have understood … that when I work at home and my door is closed, … that means Daddy is working. … They have respected this boundary … because they've also understood … that at certain times every day, … I open my door and focus on them. … Second, create a quiet time. … This is a scheduled hour or two … when my children play or work quietly by themselves. … This little skill of instituting quiet time … helps children calm down … and find ways to be creative by themselves. … And then it's done, … they know they have a time to have fun around the house … with each other and with my wife and me. … Third, teach them the can this wait question. … Let's say you're working on something …
- Explain how an investment of 14 hours per week can result in vast career improvements.
- Recall the best way to deal with an emergency when there is no buffer time.
- Explore the best use of your time during the commute home from work.
- Name one technique used to boost energy levels.
- Identify one tip that can help manage vacation time.