- Explain how you should respond when your boss asks you to finish something ASAP.
- Identify the best way to approach the end of a meeting when the time schedule for the meeting is nearly gone.
- List the details that should be present in a well-worded voicemail message related to a task at work.
- Identify the most productive use of text messaging at work.
- Explain how you can use a portable inbox to manage business cards you receive.
Skill Level Beginner
- You'd probably agree that clear communication saves time for everyone in any workplace. Yet why is it that we see so much lost productivity due to communication breakdowns? Hi, I'm Dave Crenshaw, and in this course we'll explore ways to promote productivity through effective communication. In training people in organizations of every size, from Fortune 500 companies, to freelancers, I've uncovered a variety of methods anyone can use to save time by using clearer language. Often it comes down to subtle changes and just a little bit more awareness of what people need from you. We'll discuss how to be more respectful by giving people full attention when they're talking to you. We'll also explore common mistakes that people make when speaking with each other, and how to more effectively use a variety of communication methods such as text messages, instant messaging, and phone calls. Our goal in this tips course is not to tell you how you should speak to others, but rather give you a variety of options you can customize to make your interactions more productive, let's begin.