Use the high EP framework to assess your perspective taking abilities, know your strengths and improvement areas, and therefore know specifically where to focus to improve the PERSPECTIVE factor to strengthen your EP.
- People with strong, sustained, executive presence … tend to think differently than people with low presence. … Here are three key categories of thinking patterns … for how they do it, and you can too. … One, how you think about yourself; … two, how you think about others; … and three, how you think about getting things done. … Let's look at each, starting with the first, … how you think about yourself. … In this category, there are three key lines of thought. … For each one, … I'll give you on one side, the low-presence pattern, … and on the other side, the high-presence pattern. … As you hear each one, … I want you to notice your own thinking tendencies. … When you discover yourself … in one of these three low-presence patterns, … turn your thoughts instead … toward the high-presence alternative. … Say the exact words in your mind … and your thinking pattern will improve. … Here's the first low-presence pattern. … Worrying too much. … Dwelling too long on sources of stress … or things that could go wrong. …
- Inner and outer factors for executive presence
- How to think about yourself and others
- Being emotionally proactive
- Getting things done
- Action patterns of leaders with executive presence