Join Scott Shute for an in-depth discussion in this video Thank you, part of Mindful Meditations for Work and Life.
- [Instructor] We sometimes have this funny idea … that meditation is a selfish pursuit. … You know, instead of meditating … maybe I should be doing something more productive. … Well, actually I think it's more of a global imperative. … When we take the time and do the work, … we're more centered, we're more clear, less stressed, … and we have a much better chance … of helping our fellow humans. … We're going to be more productive at work … and we're going to be more present and loving with our families … and better with all of our relationships. … We're an upgraded version of ourselves. … So please (laughs), on behalf of all the other humans, … hey, we need you to meditate. … I wish you all the best … as you explore and develop your practice. … I really enjoyed putting this material together, … and it represents much of what I've gathered … over my lifetime, and I hope you found it useful. … Thanks very much and have a great day. … …
- Adapting your posture and body language
- Breathing exercises
- Arrival practice
- Body scanning
- Loving kindness
- Sound-based exercise
- Keeping your meditation practice going
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying the Groundwork for Success with Meditation
2. Three Breaths
Three breaths practice1m 55s
Arrival practice4m 38s
4. Counting Breaths
5. Deep Breathing
7. Body Scan
Body scan practice14m 26s
9. Sound-Based Exercise: Singing Hu
10. Making It Stick
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.