Discover the importance of involving LMS staff early in the learning process. Additionally, explore the importance of testing early and often on the LMS, and on multiple devices. Give yourself a day or two of buffer time around major deliverables to deal with last-minute glitches which often turn up.
- Here's an experience most seasoned learning professionals … have had but would rather forget. … About halfway through developing a course, … the learning pro comes up with an innovative way … to use technology, … perhaps incorporating an app … or a complex interaction in an elearning module, … or an inventive way to use video. … They feel good, so good in fact, … they make that cool technology … a structural element of the course. … This project is going to make a splash for sure. … But, they wait until three days … before launch to test the course in the LMS, … and when they do, the cool tech, … it breaks like a thousand egg shells … supporting a train track, … which compromises the whole project. … Technical issues are a fact of our business. … You should expect and prepare for them. … Here's a few ways you can do that. … First, know what technology your learners are using. … Particularly important are the devices … and browsers being used. … You can find this information … by either observing your learners in real time …
- Recall the most important job for an instructional designer.
- Name three cost-efficient, highly effective strategies that stakeholders can use in place of formal training.
- List three results that indicate an effective training program.
- Recognize steps that show changes in key performance indicators.
- Identify the stages in preparing a learning solution.
- Determine which strategy would prevent you from minimizing technical issues in your project development.