The ways that people can reach you need to be clearly communicated with your team. Find out how to do that here.
- If you're a manager and you're suddenly working from home … with a remote team, there's a couple of things you need … to think about to help keep your team a cohesive unit. … The first thing you want to do is make sure you communicate … with your team how you want them to communicate with you. … You also want to make sure that you communicate … anything that's changed, … any new expectations or productivity changes. … I suggest scheduling a daily check-in meeting on video, … just 15 minutes, so that you touch base with everybody, … see everyone's face, but don't make it … into this big hour-long meeting. … It's a quick check-in with your daily directives … and keep it moving. … You also want to make sure that they know … how is best to reach you. … Is it email? … Is it a text? … Is it Slack? … Is it Zoom? … Is it WhatsApp? … They don't know. … Make sure you tell them so that they can communicate … with you in the way that you prefer. … …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.