When you're presenting mostly data, do you have to turn off your storytelling? Not necessarily. Take a walk through how to tell an effective story using mostly data, and the two best techniques to do so.
- I'm often asked, … Do I have to turn off my storytelling … when it's time to present data? … The answer is, Not necessarily. … It's okay if you do. … Remember, you're not expected to tell stories constantly. … But there are ways to put the same storytelling techniques … to use with data that you do with words, … or people, or events. … This video presents two of the most useful techniques … I've found. … The first one I call a how we got here story. … This method works by walking the audience through the data … in chronological order, … illustrating how you've arrived … at the situation you're in now. … It works especially well … when it shows the result after some intervention. … Here's an example. … The second data storytelling format … is called a discovery journey story. … This method works by walking your audience … through your personal journey of discovery … as you conducted your analysis … that led you to your recommendation. … Notice that unlike the how we got here story, …
- What is a sales story?
- Why tell sales stories?
- The 25 sales stories you need
- How to get buyers to tell their stories
- What makes a great story great?
- Choosing the right story to tell
- Finding great stories
- Story structures
- Challenge, conflict, and resolution
- Delivering stories verbally and in writing
- The ethics of storytelling