A focus on continual innovation is essential in today's workplace if you want to stay ahead of the competition and enhance individual, team, and organizational performance. Although people often focus on individual creativity and innovation, developing teams that are effective at creative thinking, problem solving, and innovating are actually the key to unlocking creative potential within an organization.
- Have you ever had a fantastic idea,…but struggled to put that idea into action?…Or maybe you've experienced this scenario…the other way round.…You've struggled to come up with a concept or idea,…but you know you're fantastic at taking action…and making things happen.…Innovation is a team sport,…and there's a very good reason for this.…It's incredible rare to find one person…that displays strengths in all areas of innovation.…
That's because different skills and strengths…are required at each stage,…and we all have different personalities and working styles…that complement different parts of the process.…Think of it like this.…Would you expect a marketing executive…to automatically show promise as a sales executive,…or would you expect a successful personal assistant…to be skilled as a customer services manager?…Likewise, we can't expect someone…that's gifted at conceptualizing ideas…to automatically be able to implement those ideas,…and vice versa.…
That isn't to say you can only be talented…in one area of innovating, because that isn't the case.…
- Recognize how team innovation impacts a company’s success.
- Define the psychological components of team innovation, including the challengers, executors, and enablers.
- Determine the component strengths of team innovation.
- Examine the best ways to accept bias.
- Explore the effect of experimentation on innovation.
- Recognize the impact of reflection on innovation.
- Identify the fundamentals of creating a space for an innovation team to thrive.
- Determine the best ways to create an innovation charter.
- Break down the importance learning on the move, which helps helps a successful team innovate to grow.