Learn why procurement isn't a one-size-fits-all. Find out how you can tailor your procurement techniques by following a simple four-step methodology. This ensures you successfully deliver results.
- What if you had a system or routine … that you could use to manage procurements … the same way every time? … Wouldn't that be nice? … As tantalizing as that might seem, it's unrealistic. … Procurements are not a one size fits all. … Each project is unique, … and procurements should be customized … to fit the specific needs of that project. … In other words, procurements need to be tailored. … Why is that? … Well, run-of-the-mill procurement techniques … don't always work. … For example, you have to take the following … into consideration. … Are there multiple procurements with different vendors? … Are vendors available to work on your project? … How well will you be able to integrate … procurement techniques with the overall project? … Not only can the answers to these questions … influence the procurement techniques you use. … They can impact the entire project. … This is why you have to tailor them. … So how do you tailor your procurement techniques? … Let's look at a simple, four-step methodology …
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.