In this video, learn how values and behaviors impact project results. Plus, explore teamwork, respect, transparency, and profitability.
- While facilitating a workshop for a company…that had become part of a larger global organization,…I noticed how participants from every facility…around the world had the company logo…embroidered on their shirts.…But this was not enough to generate real teamwork.…The company had originated in Germany…and the global development teams…were working in an environment that often alienated…team members from other countries.…So what could this team's project manager have done…to help sustain true team work?…The number one thing to push for…is to have face to face meetings.…
Including face to face meetings as part…of your project plan will help the success…of your project dramatically.…When we meet face to face with other team players…we begin to realize that while we may not belong…to a same company or national culture,…we still have other factors that create connections.…We start recognizing things we have in common,…like our age, our tenure with the company,…or a favorite sport which can create an environment…that can help teamwork flourish.…
- Recall how agreeing on a common language improves communication between global team members.
- Recognize the importance of a technical language skill level that includes relevant business vocabulary and terms.
- Explore how to correlate successful interactions with trust and respect.
- Identify obstacles to clear global communication including time zones, culture, and physical distance.
- Recall how to implement role clarity so that every team member understands their responsibilities.
- Review how the development of strong unambiguous commitments helps drive accountability.
- Explore how a one-team culture aligns everyone on the global team.
- Recognize the signs of a continuous improvement mindset in your global team.