Discover the role of surprise, the importance of it, and how to develop it in a story. Learn the different roles surprise plays when it's placed at the beginning of a story rather than the end, as well as the techniques to create surprise.
- We all enjoy the surprise ending in a mystery novel, … or the unexpected turn of events in our favorite movie. … But there's actually a more important reason … to include something unexpected in your sale stories. … It makes them more effective. … Surprises also keep things interesting … and they play a different role … depending on where in the story you place them. … A surprise at the beginning of your story … gets your audience to pay attention. … But a surprise at the end of the story … serves a different and even more important purpose, … to help your audience remember the lesson they learned. … Let me explain. … Memories don't form instantly in the brain … like a digital photograph. … They form over a period of time … shortly after the event happens, … more like old-fashioned film photos … when they're developed in a darkroom. … Psychologists call that process memory consolidation … and it turns out, certain chemicals, like caffeine, … can enhance the memory consolidation process. …
- What is a sales story?
- Why tell sales stories?
- The 25 sales stories you need
- How to get buyers to tell their stories
- What makes a great story great?
- Choosing the right story to tell
- Finding great stories
- Story structures
- Challenge, conflict, and resolution
- Delivering stories verbally and in writing
- The ethics of storytelling