In this video, gain knowledge for supporting an employee who speaks up.
- When you hear of an employee who stood up for themselves … or others in the moment, … or when an employee comes to you to discuss an issue, … it's important to take certain steps to show your support. … If you hear about an incident of someone standing up, … I recommend approaching them to find out … how they're feeling and what they need from you. … It's important this was a positive experience for them. … You might also approach the person who was called out … and find out how they're feeling … and what they need from you. … You can use this as a teachable moment for both sides, … ensuring the one who stood up continues to do so … and ensuring the one who was at the receiving end … understands the situation. … They may also have their own side of the story. … It's just all about continued encouragement … towards the right behavior. … Employees may also come to you to share an instance … where they did speak up, … and so they're looking for support. … Or they may be sharing an incident of incivility, …
- Creating an upstander culture
- Setting behavioral standards
- Understanding your role as an upstander
- Overcoming fear and uncertainty
- Leveraging tools and scripts for standing up