One of the most important things a leader can do in this time is stay calm. After watching this video, you'll be equipped with a set of ideas that can help you lead during this difficult time.
- Hi, I'm Dr. Britt Andreatta. … I'm an author and a speaker, … and I research the brain science of success. … I specifically look at how humans move through change, … what brings out the best in teams, … and how we can maximize our own learning. … So during this time of chaos, … one of the most important things … to do as a leader is to be calm. … Humans have this thing called mirror neurons, … which means we pick up emotions in others, … and we start to amplify them. … Which is why you're seeing kind of panic spread a little bit … is that we tend to pick up contagious feelings. … And so it's really important … that leaders maintain just a calm steady presence, … that you exude calmness and that you give … that sense of confidence to people … because they really need that right now, … and they particularly are influenced … by the tone that their leaders take. … The second thing that I would say is that the human brain, … in the absence of information … will fill in worst-case scenario. …
This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- Adopting an approach to manage uncertainty
- Identifying resistance to change
- Developing tools for self-care
- Distinguishing fact from fiction
- Building decision-making skills
- Identifying how stress is handled
- Developing methods for communication
- Finding a new rhythm
- Evaluating personal finances
- Gaining new perspectives
Skill Level Intermediate
Lessons in Enlightened Leadershipwith genConnectU56m 50s Intermediate
1. Embracing the Change Around You
2. Understanding What Is Going On
The historical context1m 58s
3. Managing Stress
4. Evaluating the Financial Impact
5. Adjusting Your Approach
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.