Finding a new job is just the beginning. Explore actionable ways to be successful after joining a new company.
- There's an old expression: getting there is half the fun. Of course, the process of finding a suitable job, creating your resume, filling out the required paperwork, and going through the interview process was probably not all fun, but you won. Yay for you. Now, getting the job is one thing. The real win is in keeping it. It's important to understand what you need to do after you've landed the job. And believe it or not, this part of the process can actually be fun. I'm Dr. Chaz Austin, and I've been teaching people how to find work and succeed in their careers for many years. In this course, I'll talk about how to create a foundation and structure to help you succeed in your new job. We'll look at why it's wise to approach your new workplace with humility and what's called a beginner's mind, and the importance of listening without judgment and being respectful of a new culture. Let's start working so you can keep working.
- Planning for a new job
- Establishing expectations for a new role
- Being a reliable employee
- Measuring performance success
- Developing professional relationships at work
- Finding mentors
- Meeting the extended team
- Bonding with new teammates
- Keeping a beginner's mind