Discover why studying best practices and lessons learned is important to project success. See some of the benefits you can experience by taking this approach.
- If you do what you've always done, … you'll get what you've always gotten. … That might be fine if you're happy … with what you've always gotten. … And nothing changes. … But ask yourself, how likely is that? … This is why you have to study procurement best practices, … along with lessons learned from previous projects. … And take into account the realities … of your current situation. … So let's discuss some of the best practices … you should be aware of. … For starters, it's important for you to get involved … with the contracting process … as early in the project life cycle as possible. … There are many benefits for doing this. … They include: … you'll be able to work with your procurement team … to develop optimal contracts. … You can ensure the requirements … and constraints are realistic. … For example, are the proposed schedule … and budget reasonable? … You can evaluate proposals and provide feedback, … and you can analyze risks to see if they might … interfere with project success. …
- Describe the procurement manager’s role in the procurement process.
- Explore the essentials of good communication with vendors.
- Examine the steps in a contract change control system.
- Identify risks that might arise in a project.
- Define the purpose of a closeout meeting.
Skill Level Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Integrationwith Oliver Yarbrough44m 25s Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Scheduleswith Bonnie Biafore2h 7m Intermediate
Project Management Foundationswith Bonnie Biafore3h 20m Beginner
What to know before watching1m 27s
1. Procurement Management Overview
2. Common Procurement Pitfalls
3. Critical Procurement Success Factors
4. Procurement Management Processes
5. How to Implement Procurements
6. Emerging Trends: Project Procurement Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.