- What are business ecosystems and platforms?
- Essentials of ecosystem strategies
- Creating network advantages
- Selecting partners for an ecosystem
- Organizing an ecosystem
- Using a digital platform
- Growing an ecosystem
- Sharing gains among partners
Skill Level Advanced
- Let's talk about ecosystems and platforms. Business ecosystems and platforms. These words are very popular but they're metaphors. And so everyone thinks about them a little differently. I'm going to clarify this for you and I'm going to give you some tips that you can use in your business. Because why do you need to know about this? You need to know because your business depends on it. Big businesses, Microsoft, Intel, Google, Amazon, Facebook. They all depend on ecosystems of partners around them. And it's this ecosystem that gives them their power. So your business, whether you know it or not depends on partners. I'm Ben Gomes-Casseres. I've been working on this topic for about 30 years now even before those terms were popular. I've written several books about it. My most recent book is "Remix Strategy" and I teach at Brandeis University and I work with companies worldwide. So I welcome you to this conversation. This is a conversation that's going to help you understand better the world you're in and manage better the world you're in. So please join me and let's talk about ecosystems and platforms in business.