Storytelling is an effective sales technique because a narrative is more compelling than data and facts alone. In this video, learn the keys to telling a great story and then see it in action in a role play.
- Storytelling has been around since the beginning of time,…but in sales, it's one of the newer soft skills.…Not that we haven't always been telling stories…and sharing examples, but it's only recently…that storytelling has really been…touted as a key sales skill and not just a marketing skill.…Why?…Well, think about this.…The purpose of a sales conversation…is to gather information, so you can solve a problem…or create an opportunity, and while sharing information…is important in sales, it's far more effective…if it's done in a narrative rather…than just with data and facts.…
People connect with stories…and more importantly, they remember stories.…The London School of Business did a study…and found that people retained 65 to 70%…of information shared through stories,…but only five to 10% of the information…shared in presentations…that rely on statistics and data.…So if you want to be effective as a salesperson,…and you want to be remembered,…you need to learn to sell with a story.…Telling a story is not as hard as you may think,…
- What are soft skills?
- Why soft skills matter in sales
- Connecting with your customer
- Developing your emotional intelligence for sales
- Collaborating effectively with your team
- Being confident in your sales decisions
- Building your empathy muscle in sales
- Integrating soft sales skills with hard sales skills
- Leveraging storytelling in sales