Can you manage your kids and your job? Explore some valuable tips on how to stay organized and on task here.
- If you are managing a job, a business, and your kids, … you need to stick to a routine. … Get your kids up at the same time every day … and give 'em their task, … shower, brush their teeth, read for 30 minutes, … you just need to make sure … that you keep your kids on a schedule. … I would even make out a written schedule, … tape it to the wall or to your refrigerator, … so that your kids know what's happening. … If your kids are not currently … in a online homeschool situation, … set up one yourself. … Go to scholastic.com, go to Khan Academy, PBS Kids, … set them up on virtual tours of museums and things, … so that they can still be learning … during this time that they're out of school. … The last thing you want to do … is just let them pick what they're going to do. … Keep 'em to a routine, … and that way, everyone will know what to expect … and it'll be a lot more standard for you, … as their mother or father, and their teacher. … So keep everyone on a schedule … and that will be the best thing …
This course was created by genconnectU. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Setting up a great workspace
- Keeping a routine
- Using video chat
- Scheduling breaks
- Professional video conferencing
- Communicating with etiquette and care
- Staying focused
- Setting boundaries
- Working from home with kids
- Working from home as a manager
Skill Level Beginner
Time Management: Working from Homewith Dave Crenshaw1h 25m Intermediate
Establishing Work from Home Policieswith Mike Gutman28m 3s Intermediate
1. What You Need
Getting the proper equipment2m 45s
2. Starting Your Day and Scheduling
3. Professionalism, Etiquette, and Communication Online
4. Healthy Practices for Staying Focused
5. Working from Home with Kids
6. Working-from-Home Tips for Managers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.