Learn how to get the most out of video meetings and avoid zoning out or getting distracted in this type of meeting.
- Do you use video conferencing in your workplace? … Many people do. … Yet also many people report that it's distracting, … that it's hard to actually have a productive meeting … because of everything that's going on on the screen. … I find that there are two places where we need … to get the most from a video conference. … One is how we prepare and the other is what we do … during the conference itself. … First, in the prepare part. … We want to test the platform that we're going to use. … We want to test the equipment that we're using, … both video and audio. … We also want to send clear instructions to everyone … in advance about how to log in and access the platform. … We also want to make sure that we're sitting in a chair … and in a place where we're comfortable. … You may be sitting there for a while and you want … to make sure that you're relaxed and able to focus. … Also, shut down any programs that are running, … perhaps in the background, that might access data. … This can actually gum up the flow of the video conference …
- Explain how social media can be used to improve focus and productivity.
- Define pinning.
- Examine techniques that will prevent reminders from being ignored.
- List three ways to back up data.
- Determine when it is useful to upgrade technology.