In this video, discover how to state your needs or requests for the future. Explore some example statements such as "It would be helpful in the future if you would…" or "In the future, I need you to…".
- It can be helpful when you're experiencing … toxic behavior to not only state the problem … with the behavior, but state what you need … from future interactions. … Instead of saying, "Please don't speak to me like that," … you could add in something like, … "When you speak to me like that, … "it makes it hard to take your advice. … "In the future, I need you to explain things to me … "in a way that is more of a teachable moment." … Here's another example for you. … - Look, I have to say something. … Brenda, I don't know what you were thinking hiring Randall. … I mean, his work ethic is subpar, … and he is always taking so many breaks. … Did you not see the signs when you were interviewing him? … - Matt, could you give us a second, please? … Lauren, let's continue this discussion privately. … - What was that all about? … - I understand where you're coming from, … but when you say stuff like that around other people, … you undermine me. … Matt was right there and seemed pretty uncomfortable. …
- Creating an upstander culture
- Setting behavioral standards
- Understanding your role as an upstander
- Overcoming fear and uncertainty
- Leveraging tools and scripts for standing up