Join Lynda.com Staff for an in-depth discussion in this video Starting where you last left off with Course History, part of How to use Lynda.com.
- View Offline
- Anytime you sign back in to your Lynda.com account, it's easy to pick up where you last left off. At the top of your home page, you'll see this area called Continue watching. This shows the two most recent Courses you've started watching. You can quickly jump to the last video you were viewing in this Course by either clicking on the title or the thumbnail. The last video you were viewing will automatically preload in the video player for you. Now, going back to the home page, if you click See all, this will take you to your Course History page.
Here, you can see your full Course History list. By default, the most recent video that you've watched will be toggled open, so you can see the list of all the videos you've actually started watching in that course. You can also click on any of the other arrows to see all the videos you've watched in that title as well. Clicking on a name will take you to that video's Course page, and you can start watching exactly where you left off in the Course. You can get back to your list of recently viewed videos at any time by going up to Profile and selecting History.
And while you're here on this History page, you can also select any Course title and add it to a Playlist. You can also check on the progress of any Course and see how much time it'll take to complete that Course. You can also see how much time you have remaining in that Course, and how long ago you viewed it. You can also sort this Course History by clicking on any of these column headers up here. For example, if I click on progress, now I can see all of the Courses that I have finished 100%, and the rest are organized by the amount of progress I have made in them.
Clicking on a header a 2nd time will reverse the order. I'll set it back to the last viewed order. To remove any Course from your History, just click on this x button to the right of the title to remove any Course from your History list. So, that's how to view and manage your Course History.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support