Consider the option of owning your own business. You can buy a business, you can start a new business, or you can become a franchise licensee. Existing businesses are often sold by business brokers and might involve the sale of real estates such as commercial land and buildings. As a business owner, you're taking on more financial risk, but there's often an attractive financial upside if you are successful. Every business you see was once a small startup, founded by an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship may not be the right answer for you, but you should at least think about it as one of your options.
- When I talk with folks … who are making a career transition, … they often assume that the next step has to be another job … where they're working for someone else. … But I think it's at least worth considering the option … of owning your own business. … As a business owner, … you're taking on more financial risk, … but you could make a lot more money if you're successful. … Being your own boss isn't right for everyone, … but for some folks it's the key to professional fulfillment … and financial freedom. … In general, there are three different ways … you can become the owner of a supply chain business. … You can buy a business, … you can start a new business from scratch, … or you can become a franchise licensee. … Existing businesses are often sold by business brokers, … and they might involve the sale of real estate, … such as commercial land and buildings. … Since they have a financial history to work with, … you may be able to borrow the money you need from a bank, … so you don't always need …
- Explain the best approach for transitioning into a supply chain position.
- Determine the types of supply chain jobs that are the best fit for a given set of skills.
- Interpret the knowledge and skills needed for a supply chain job.
- Describe how to use resources for building a career roadmap in supply chain management.
- Identify concepts in building a professional development dashboard.