- Determining how you want to spend your retirement
- How investing and retirement savings differ
- Creating passive income
- Rethinking real estate and work
- Understanding retirement product options
- Building your financial plan
- Setting up tax-advantaged accounts
- Building a diversified portfolio
- Lifelong healthy financial habits
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- What if I was to ask you this. It's 11 a.m. on a Tuesday far in the future. What is your 72-year-old self doing right now? - Um... Probably in some cabin, like, in the mountains right now. - I think the big dream would be to be able to travel the world with my husband. - Out riding probably somewhere in Italy. - The plan is to have an island. - Can I visit your island? - Yes you can. - Yeah. - Anytime you want. - My dream is to have visited all 50 states on something really modest, you know, like a private yet.
- To wake up and grab my paddleboard and drive out to Mexico down the coast. - I am going to be roller coaster riding granny all over the world. - It'd like to be in a motor home traveling across the United States visiting all the national parks, checking those off my list. - That all sounds great, but how are you going to pay for it? Whatever your future holds, you can't escape the fact that money's a lifelong requirement. So let me help you make sure you'll have enough money, whatever your plans.
From the building blocks of a basic financial plan to decoding the opaque language of the retirement industry, this course will take you on a step-by-step journey to get yourself organized and focus on your long-term financial health. I'm Jane Barratt, a financial advisor and advocate working to help people be financially strong. Join me as we slay the behavioral and logistical challenges of getting started young for your best retirement.