In this video, Dan discusses the challenge video and offer his own solutions to help the viewer better understand the process.
- So, your employees' email accounts have been hacked…and now your employees, customers,…and suppliers are all affected.…You've written out your plan for dealing…with this situation.…Let's see if your plan matches up…with how I recommend people deal with such an event.…It's likely that you didn't have a plan in place…or any preventative measures set up…for this kind of crisis.…Most people don't, so don't worry.…This is why we do these exercises.…
In an ideal world, you would've done some…pre-crisis planning, so let's do that now.…Pre-crisis, in this situation,…involves education of employees, technology infrastructure,…and buying cyber liability insurance.…When it comes to educating your employees,…it's not just about knowing which links are viruses.…It's also about understanding how social media works…on them individually and how their behaviors…and habits can impact them personally.…
For technology infrastructure, you need to stay current…with patches, encryption, and maintenance.…Hiring or retaining an IT expert…
- Recall the detrimental effects a BOT attack can have on a company’s customer database.
- Recognize which individuals companies frequently fail to include in mid-crisis actions.
- Determine how Google Alerts can help a company protect itself against threats.
- Identify a threat that is least likely to cause a company financial harm.
- Define “culture shock” in the context of business operations.
- Name a type of leader that often uses their position for personal prestige rather than performing their roles.
- Predict what will happen with business insurance as technology evolves.