- Compare and contrast two major project management methods.
- Describe the functions of different software layers.
- Distinguish between different types of software projects.
- Describe the elements of a well-written request for proposal.
- Identify requirements that should be met before product release.
Skill Level Beginner
- No two projects are the same. That's true across all industries. Projects, regardless of framework or methodology, share the same project life cycles. Specifically, all projects face initiating, planning, executing, and closing. Even as these steps are shared, software development projects are unique in themselves. They have a development life cycle to contend with that's separate and distinct from the project life cycle. You need to know how to blend what you already know as a project manager, so you can adapt your skills to the specialized needs of software development. In this course, we'll explore in depth how software projects are different. We'll cover everything from project management frameworks, vendor selection, and stakeholder mapping to user experience and developing for scalability. Hi, I'm Kelley O'Connell. I've been a traditional project manager, a scrum master, and I'm now an agile coach and transformation strategist. I've been leading teams for more than 20 years. I've also been leading organizations through agile transitions for 10 years. Please join me as we explore the world of software development project management.