In this video, observe public speaking coaching in the areas of pausing and slowing down.
- We're all set to go, Josh. … - Okay, so what I want to talk to you about today … is my role as a producer. … So as a producer of educational content, … one of the things that I do is I work with great professors … from all over the nation … to bring them in and help them develop their content … that they're the expert at. … So a lot of these people are used to teaching … in the classroom or used to speaking … in a lot of engagements across the nation, … and I need to make their content work … for a different medium, for video … and for some audio, the different ways that we teach. … - Very nice, Josh. … You come across as very natural. … I want to try something. … - [Josh] Sure. … - Bit of a tendency to speak quickly. … So I want to slow you down. … When I hold my hand up like this, it means don't talk. … When I do this, it means talk. … What I'm looking for are the natural breakpoints. … So good morning, everybody. … My name is Josh Mitchell. … Today, okay? … It's going to be a little bit awkward for a moment or so. …
- Organizing your thoughts
- Speaking slowly, naturally, and confidently
- Breathing properly
- Using your body to reinforce speech
- Managing facial expressions
- Handling nervousness
- Voice modulation, eye contact, and gestures
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Be a Better Communicator
2. Honing Your Message
3. Say It Like You Mean It
4. Look Like You Mean It
5. Confronting Anxiety
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.