Learn how to use a task board to moderate a sustainable pace of work for a team.
- In Agile, it's very important … to size the work in each sprint. … It's a key part of how the team plans out the project. … That's another reason that the task board … is an essential information radiator. … For Scrum teams, it's a report of the developer's workload. … The board shows all the work for that sprint. … That means that after two weeks, … the team will clear the board and start over. … The board acts as a constraint on the team. … The team should never be working on stories … that aren't on the board. … It represents what the team can deliver in two weeks. … So, if something is added to the board, … that means that something needs to fall off. … You can't overstuff a sprint. … That's why the task board is fixed after sprint planning. … It would be very difficult to prioritize the work … if new stories were added while the team was working. … In many ways, this is the same problem as multitasking. … Remember that multitasking usually creates more problems … than it solves. …
- Explain the purpose of a taskboard and how it can help keep a project on track.
- List the correct order of the swim lanes on a taskboard.
- Name the two types of burndown charts.
- Recognize the problems that occur when a team does not break down epics into stories.