- A lot of the times, employees don't need formal training. … They just need help getting through … particular tasks that are tricky. … In these situations, we corporate training folks … should be offering up performance support solutions. … The concept of performance support, … also referred to as just-in-time training, … or more recently workflow learning … has been around for decades. … However, with how quickly business processes are changing, … it's only now that it's coming into its own. … Performance support is providing resources to employees … when they're engaged in a challenging task. … That resource can take many forms, … it might be a downloadable job aid, a reference guide, … a checklist of tasks to perform, a how-to video. … As a learning professional, … you have to get your mind around the fact … that with performance support, … you're not training employees, you're supporting them … as they perform tasks on the job, it's a shift in mindset. … So when might you use performance support? …
- Recall the most important job for an instructional designer.
- Name three cost-efficient, highly effective strategies that stakeholders can use in place of formal training.
- List three results that indicate an effective training program.
- Recognize steps that show changes in key performance indicators.
- Identify the stages in preparing a learning solution.
- Determine which strategy would prevent you from minimizing technical issues in your project development.