The Office 365 website is the first point of contact for most Office 365 users and it is the place you go to access web tools. The interface is fairly similar to the interface on the Google Apps website. Compare the two interfaces in this video.
- [Instructor] Since this course is all about…migrating from Google Apps to Office 365,…I want to build a foundation by comparing…the web-based interfaces in Google Apps and Office 365.…The website interface is surprisingly similar…between these two tools once you know…what you're looking at.…To sign in to Google Apps, you would generally…go to gmail.com, or maybe a special sign-in page…set up by your employer.…Then of course you would sign in with…your username and password.…
So I'll put in the username for the demo account…that I'm using, then I'll hit Next,…and put in my password.…Then Sign in, and generally you would…land on a page like this.…I'm looking at my email.…Now this is just a demo account…so I don't have any messages in the Inbox,…but this is my email, and there are other services…in the Google Apps suite.…I can jump between them using the app switcher.…That's this button up at the top of the page…that looks like a waffle.…I can click on that, I can see the other services,…and I can switch to them from here,…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business