Learn how to sign in to and access OneDrive from a web browser.
- [Instructor] As I referenced earlier, there are multiple ways to access your OneDrive account. In this video, let's start off by taking a look at how to get to OneDrive through your web browser. And this can be any web browser on a Mac or PC. Again, in order to access OneDrive you have to have a Microsoft account. And I covered ways in which you might have an account in the previous video. So, check that out if you're not sure if you have an account. All right, so I'm here on my web browser, and I'm going to go to onedrive.com. That redirects to onedrive.live.com. Now, you'll probably want to bookmark or favorite this address if you plan on using OneDrive a lot.
So, here I have the option to sign up for free if I need to create an account. Or in the upper right hand corner we can sign in. Now, the location of these buttons may change depending on whether this page is redesigned when you visit it, but you should find both the sign up and sign in options. Now I'm going to click Sign up, just so you can see how this looks. So, here you can choose to create a OneDrive personal account, which is the action on the left, or a OneDrive business account. Again, it's free to create a personal Microsoft account, which is what we're focusing on here. And there's a reminder here that if you have an outlook.com or Xbox Live account, you already have a Microsoft account.
So, you don't need to create a new one in that case. But if you really do need to create a new account, this is where you do it. And just so you can see this, I'm going to click Create a Microsoft account. And all you have to do here is enter your email address and come up with a password. You can use any email address you already have to create your account. However, if you would like to create a new outlook.com account, you can click this Get a new email address link, and then come up with an email address that will be at outlook.com. But I already have an account, so I'm going to go back to onedrive.com, and I'll walk through the steps of signing in.
So, I'll sign in. And I'll enter my password. All right, and now I'm looking at my OneDrive account through my web browser. Now, the first time you do this, you might see a welcome message at the top of the screen, and you'll be able to watch a short video. If those show up, you can just close those, and you'll be back on your main OneDrive screen. And we'll take a look at this interface next.
- Signing in to OneDrive
- Setting up OneDrive on Mac and Windows
- Uploading files and folders
- Renaming, copying, downloading, and deleting files
- Sharing files
- Searching files
- Working with photos in OneDrive
- Working with Office Online files