Rules to show/hide control based on user's responses to prior questions.
- Let's do one of my favorite things.…Often times when we have a requirement from people,…just from a usability perspective,…they want to show or hide things…based on how someone has answered something.…For example in this form there is no reason for me…to show somebody a baggage fee…if they didn't get on a plane, right.…There is no reason for me to show somebody a fuel amount,…if they didn't rent a car.…So if these values are null, or empty, or blank,…I want to hide them.…
When this form comes up I don't want to see…baggage fee and fuel amount,…but if somebody types in an airfare amount…I want to give them the option to include a baggage fee.…To do that we're going to add a rule.…All we need to know for that rule is what our condition is.…In this particular case…I'm just going to click on that blank…for airfare amount and notice in the settings…on the bottom right it's just called airfare amount.…I probably could have figured that out…but just in case you get creative with your column names.…
I need to highlight what I want to hide.…
- Automating a workflow for manager approval
- Adding conditional branches to workflows
- Using variables and calculated dates
- Bringing external data into a workflow
- Reusing and moving workflows
- Creating and customizing a form
- Assigning field validation rules
- Using Nintex Forms
- Optimizing for mobile viewing
- Troubleshooting a suspended workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
SharePoint 2016: Managing Large Listswith Gini von Courter1h 18m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
1. Create an Approval Workflow
2. Add More Workflow Actions
3. Use Nintex Forms Designer
4. Monitor Your Workflows
Log to history list5m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.