Use specific steps to size up whatever your current situation might be, and then adapt and apply a poise process to stay centered and emotionally formidable.
- When you lose your poise, … it's like you were driving free and clear on the highway, … then mistakenly took the wrong off-ramp … onto unfamiliar streets. … The highway is your you at your best emotional state. … It's how feel when you're making progress on your passion … to make a positive difference for others. … You're energized, motivated, enthused, purposeful. … You feel great. … The highway gets you where you want to go. … But we all have times when we lose our composure. … Something happens to make us lose confidence … or get unhinged or want to give up. … That's the off-ramp. … When that happens, here's what to do. … The first step is to recognize … which emotional off-ramp you took. … When you lose your poise or self-assurance, … what specifically are the dominant feelings you experience? … Now, they're not fun, … but we all have loss of poise patterns, … and it's important to identify yours to get self-awareness … about your particular tendency. … As the poet Maya Angelou said, …
- Inner and outer factors for executive presence
- How to think about yourself and others
- Being emotionally proactive
- Getting things done
- Action patterns of leaders with executive presence