Sharing documents is a core feature in OneDrive and SharePoint. In this video, see how to share files with other users from the web interface for SharePoint and OneDrive. Then, see how to share files from within the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- [Instructor] In other movies in this chapter…we saw how to store files in OneDrive or SharePoint…and how to edit those files.…In this movie we will see how to share those files.…Any file that you share through Office 365…has to be stored either on OneDrive…or in a SharePoint document library.…Once the file is in one of those locations,…there are a few different ways to share it.…So I have a few tabs open here.…One is open to a folder on my OneDrive,…and one is open to a folder in…a SharePoint document library.…
And as we saw before, these two interfaces…are really similar, so sharing a file…with somebody works almost exactly the same…whether you're starting from OneDrive…or from the SharePoint interface.…But there is one big difference.…Remember, a SharePoint group or an Office 365 group…if that's what you want to call it…is inherently a group of people at your organization.…If I click over here in this SharePoint site…where it says five members,…I can see a list of the people who are…members of this SharePoint group.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. This course is intended for end users of Office 365 Business or Enterprise, not Office 365 Home or Student users.
- Understanding the types of Office 365 accounts
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Working in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Touring the interface in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working with formatting tools
- Co-authoring documents from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files and co-authoring in Skype for Business